Sheffield University Women’s Hockey Club is a friendly and ambitious hockey club boasting brand new facilities at Norton Sports Park in Sheffield. The women’s 1st XI will start next season in the Premier North Division and hope to maintain this position in the upcoming year. We are looking for a coach to run Monday evening training sessions and attend Wednesday afternoon fixtures for our women’s 1st XI. The candidate should be level 2 qualified or higher as well as being committed to the team and willing to work hard for us as we will you.
Expectations of the Role:
- Attend Monday night training sessions (club provides all equipment and the squad will be ready on the pitch at 8:30).
- Be punctual and offer specific hockey expertise predominantly for our 1st XI but also the 2nd XI, to build on the performance squad principle.
- Attend fixtures each Wednesday (usually 3:30pm or 5pm push back if home fixture), either travelling with the team or arriving at the same time as the team if travelling separately. Petrol allowance will not be offered for coaches choosing to travel individually.
- Arrive on match days at least an hour before the game and deliver comprehensive team talk pre-match.
- Provide a constructive debrief of the match, commenting on areas in which the team and individuals can improve.
- Be fair, reliable and constructive to whole team and specific individuals. In return the team will be punctual, hard working and committed.
- Use facilities to arrange whiteboard sessions before training if the coach feels it would be beneficial to the team.
Contact Georgia Pearson at -email- for more details.