As you may be well aware a number of our clubs are struggling to field teams every week. In Division 5S both Rotherham 3 and Chapeltown 4 have cancelled at least 4 matches and have decided that they cannot continue as this is also unfair on the opposition teams.
The two clubs have held discussions and have asked the League if they can amalgamate the two teams and continue with Rotherham 3 fixtures and cancel Chapeltown 4 fixtures. This will take place from 16th November.
This has been agreed in principal by the league and I am now notifying you all on how this will work:
- Chapeltown 4 results will be expunged and they have withdrawn from the League.
- Rotherham 3 will change their name to Rotherham/Chapeltown 3 and will continue with Rotherham 3 fixtures.
- The new team will become a supported team and not eligible for promotion. Their results will be shown on the website but at the end of the season they may be expunged so that their results do not affect any other teams chances of promotion. The results of Rotherham 3 may also be expunged so that their results do not affect any other teams chance of promotion.
- The two clubs have agreed that there will be at least 4 players from each club in the team and a maximum of 7. If the new team still struggles for players they are allowed to include players from Chapeltown 3 and Rotherham 2 (In this case only players who have recently been promoted from Rotherham 3 team) to double up but keeping the same ratio of players.
- Players from the new team can be promoted but only into their parent club teams.
David Woodward – Men’s Rep for Div 5 North – 21 Nov 19