The Women’s League have approved the amalgamation of Chapeltown 3 and Rotherham 2 for the remainder of season 19-20. This amounts to 9 matches.
Both of these teams were supported teams, relying on players from the team above to support and develop the play of others in the teams. When they asked for supported team status, both teams believed they could honour the rules for supported team status. However both teams have discovered that is not sustainable, not least since Rotherham lost many of their players after the divisions had been decided. In addition, all Division 5s have 10 teams which mean they have 4 blank dates with no fixtures. If both Chapeltown 3 and Rotherham 2 withdrew from the league, then that would mean even fewer matches, which is why the decision was made.
June Smith – Women’s League Secretary – 28 Nov 19
Both teams will follow the rules below:
- Rotherham 2 will withdraw from the league and all their fixtures will be deleted and their results so far will be expunged. This has already been completed.
- Chapeltown 3 will absorb all the Rotherham 2 players who agree to move. These players may be pulled up to play for Rotherham 1 if this team is short hence giving those players a chance to develop.
For Chapeltown 3 to retain their supported status they have to abide by the following rules:
- Normal selection processes for promotion and relegation of players apply and will be in line with league rules. These players will be previously identified on the team sheet and to the Div Rep and may not be used if a team can be raised from the normal playing squad. All players on the MRF must be identified as C3 or R2 players in the first column (Club No) to ensure that 4 supported players from each club have been included. Players who are being supported must always take priority in matches.
- It will be necessary at the end of the season for the results for Chapeltown 3 to be deleted so that they do not have any effect on the promotion from that division.
- This should not affect any other decisions as their results will not count.
At the end of the season, if either or both teams wish to re-join the league with supported team status for 2020-21, the Committee would have to be satisfied that the same scenario would not be repeated, for the sake of other clubs/teams within the league. The combined team will appear on YHA Website fixtures and league table as Chapeltown/Rotherham 3.